Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Reading 2012


I got this idea from Lea over at LC's Adventures in Libraryland. She created a summer reading list, and I thought it was a great idea, so I'm doing the same. I've been in a real reading slump lately - as of today (May 27th), I've only finished two books this entire month. I'm getting way behind in my reading goals, and that bothers me so I need to step it up! There are a ton of books I want to read this summer - books that seem like good summer reads, books for the Canada Spotlight Month I'm hosting in July, and books that have been sitting on my shelves begging to be read.

This is a pretty ambitious list since a) I'm a slow reader, b) I've been in a slump, and c) I'm currently writing my 2nd novel, which I hope to have ready at some point this summer. We'll see how it goes!

1. Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery (I read this years ago, but want to reread it for the Canada Spotlight)
2. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares (read books 1-3 several years ago, never read book 4, and just bought book 5. They're great summer reads, and I'd like to review them since I read them before I became a book blogger.)
3. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
4. Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares
5. Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares
6. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
7. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
8. This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart by Susannah Conway
9. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
10. Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey
11. Darklight by Lesley Livingston
12. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
13. Vanished by Sophie Jordan
14. There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
16. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
17. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
18. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
19. Above by Leah Bobet
20. Cicada by Belle Whittington
21. Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
22. Dark Companion by Marta Acosta
23. Don't You Wish by Roxanne St. Claire
24. Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson
25. Velveteen by Daniel Marks
26. Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle
27. Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
28. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo


Update, May 28th: Just got approved for 5 new books from NetGalley, so added them to the list. Some of them don't come out until fall, but I only have until July 22nd to read them, so they're on the list!

What are you planning to read this summer?



3 comments:

  1. I have just read 50 shades of grey!....

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eee! Pride and Prejudice! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on these once you're finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...