Thursday, December 13, 2012

Update Thursday #15

I got the idea for Update Thursday from the amazingly wonderful Jessica from Thoughts at One in the Morning. Every Thursday, I’ll be posting an update on my reading, writing, what’s going on at the blog, and anything else I think is worth mentioning.

Hey guys! Not a whole lot going in real life this week. I finally got most of my Christmas decorations up, and I believe I'm done all my shopping. I've spent quite a bit of time reading, and over the next week I'm hoping to get a bunch of blog posts scheduled for the rest of the month and into the new year. I don't get visiting other blogs as much as I'd like to, so hopefully if I can schedule some posts, I can take the time I'd normally spend doing that and visit some of you lovely people instead!

FINISHED READING:

  

 The Christmas Strike by Nikki Rivers {GoodReads}
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan {GoodReads}
Christmas Kisses by HM Ward {GoodReads}
***Can you tell I'm on a Christmas book kick?***


CURRENTLY READING:

Under the Mistletoe by Linda Howard and Stephanie Bond {GoodReads}
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole {GoodReads}

ON THE BLOG and YOUTUBE:
I reviewed Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo, and gave it 3.5 stars


This week's Music Monday song was a catchy little tune called Hurt Me Tomorrow by K'naan

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I participated in the Meet the Family Blog Hop and talked about my family's Christmas traditions, and I also shared an extra little Christmas scene from Blue Sky Days!

On Youtube:

#FridayReads #2 - Poison Princess by Kresley Cole


WRITING:
I haven't done any writing so far this month - I decided to take a bit of time off after a pretty stressful writing month in November, not to mention the fact that I've worked this entire year without much of a break. I got an idea the other day for a Christmas story, and I think I might try to write that and have it ready for next Christmas. I'm actually pretty excited about it and drafted out the first couple of chapters, so I'm hoping to start that in the next day or two.

How has your week been so far? What have you been up to? Any blog posts you're particularly proud of that you think I should come see? For those who celebrate Christmas, how are preparations going? What's the weather like where you are? We've had a bit of snow, and it's getting colder and colder out!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares have been on my wishlist for a while. How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good, Vicky! I was quite surprised because I thought Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist by the same two authors was kind of meh, but Dash and Lily was actually pretty cute and funny and charming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me intrigued about Dash and Lily now. I think I may have to plan a trip to the library sometime within the next month or two when I've gotten a little caught up on books to check this one and a few others out. I've decided I'm going to go back to library reading more for the most part instead of buying a ton of books. Not to mention catching up on what I already have... plus a few galleys I got recently... lol. I couldn't help myself! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you'd like Dash and Lily, Jess...and if you haven't read my email yet, I give you another good reason there! ;-) The library is an amazing place. Until a few months ago when I started to have a bit of extra money and was finally able to start buying books, I got all my books from the library. I don't know what I would have done without it, and I still go almost every week. There are just so. Many. Books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...