Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Books on my Fall 2013 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

It's been ages since I last did a TTT post, but I loved this week's topic, since I've been meaning to make a fall TBR list anyway. I'm usually horrible for making TBRs and not sticking with them, but I'm hoping this time will be different!


Perfect Ruin by Lauren DeStefano - This will be my first DeStefano book. It sounds amazing, the cover is stunning, and Simon & Schuster Canada was awesome enough to send me a copy for review, so I'll be reading this one in the next week or so for a release week review the week of October 1st.

Just One Year by Gayle Forman - I finished reading Just One Day a couple weeks ago and was lucky enough to win this last week from Razorbill's Twitter. This is another one I'll be reading soon since it comes out in less than a month!


Bleeding Hearts by Alyxandra Harvey - This is the 4th book in the Drake Chronicles. I love this series but I'm so bad about starting series and not finishing them, and I'd really like to finish this one this year. I'm also trying to read a ton of paranormal books for my Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge next month, hence almost all the rest of the books on the list being paranormal.

Frostbite by Richelle Mead - I read Vampire Academy a year or two ago...again, I suck with series.

The Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine - Another example of a series started and abandoned. I didn't love Glass Houses, but people rave about this series, so I want to give it a fair chance.



Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill - I read and loved Some Girls Bite about two years ago and I've been wanting to carry on with the series, but my library has every book except the second. I finally did an inter-library loan and should be getting Friday Night Bites any day. :-D

Destined for an Early Grave be Jeaniene Frost - This is the 4th book in the Night Huntress series. This is a series I've actually done well with, since I just started it this summer and I'm already up to the 4th book. Yay me!

Let the Dead Sleep by Heather Graham - Before I started blogging, Heather Graham was one of my favourite authors. She wrote amazing mysteries that often had a paranormal theme and always had great romances. I read and loved almost everything she wrote, but then all of a sudden her books started sucking. I'd pretty much given up on her, but my curiosity got the better of me when I saw this in the library last week. It's set in New Orleans, which I love, and my mum already read it and said it was a return to Graham's former fantastic writing, so I'm hopeful!

The Demon Trapper's Daughter (aka Forsaken) by Jana Oliver - I bought this book a couple years ago and have been wanting to read it, so I figured October would be the perfect time, to coincide with my paranormal reading challenge.

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning - I read Darkfever 2-3 years ago and it was another I didn't love but everyone raves about this series, so I wanted to give it a fair shot. I've also been wanting to get back into more adult paranormal, plus I love anything set in Ireland so...

HONOURABLE MENTION
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon - So many people have been telling me for ages that I should read this book, and I'm finally going to tackle it this fall. At 800+ pages I'm afraid it's going to take me forever to read, but I'm eager to see what all the fuss is about, especially since they're now making a TV show based on the book.

Have you read any of these? Which do you think I should read first? 
What are some of the books on your fall TBR? Let me know in the comments or leave a link to your TTT so I can stop by!

14 comments:

  1. Ohhhh darn I should have put down Just One Day. It seems very fall-ish!

    As for the Morganville Vampire Series, they honestly do get better a few books in. If you like the characters, or feel a pull to keep reading, then do! Speaking of, I need to like read the last 2 books published, haha.

    People keep telling me I should read Outlander too. Maybe we should motivate each other Marie, ;)

    My TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for Perfect Ruin too! You're a lucky lady you got one :)

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like Glass Houses either and I decided not to bother with the series since there are so many other books I like better out there, and "so little time..." ;)

    Interesting list! I used to like Heather Graham too, so I'll probably add Let the Dead Sleep to my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that Lauren DeStefano's new series was out so soon! I added it to my TBR on Goodreads way back when it was first mentioned, but didn't realize that it's soon! I absolutely LOVED the Chemical Garden trilogy (although I still haven't read book 3 so I can't vouch for the whole series). She's a beautiful writer.

    And I hear ya on Outlander ... I've had that book on my TBR for YEARS!

    P.S. Yay Canadian book bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the exact kind of list of books that I have been looking for. I also love these covers and definitely putting these on my to read list.


    Ann@Blogging E-books

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't really go wrong with Neill or Frost. Makes sure you savour the Night Huntress ones though as Frost is ending the series. Here's my TTT
    Vilia @ Backchatting Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read the first book in the Drake Chronicles, but I really loved it! I bought the next three books on sale through Amazon and can't wait to read them. And I'm hoping to read Perfect Ruin next week!! I hope you love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We haven't read Just One Day but love Gayle Forman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel so slow, I've only just realised you are the same Marie that wrote Waiting for the Storm! I bought that and plan to read soon! Looking forward to it :-)
    Great list, I need to read a Gayle Foreman book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Outlander!
    And for getting back to series. I am so bad at that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to see Just One Year and Bloodfever on your list. I finished Just One Year last night and it was a gorgeous read. Darkfever was probably my least favourite book in the fever series, the books do definitely get better as the series progresses! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmmmmm YES TO OUTLANDER PLEASE. It. Is. SO. GOOD.

    I need to read so many of these authors. *sigh* I bought the first KMM book AGES ago and still haven't read it.

    Oooooh VA. Maybe MAYBE I'll be somewhat caught up by then and can re-read with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these but I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really loving the graphics with the selections :) All those look like good falls reads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...