Friday, April 17, 2015

Fantastic Friday #1

Fantastic Friday is a new feature here on Ramblings of a Daydreamer. Each Friday I'll showcase fantastic things from the past week - could be things I've done, places I've gone, a new song I like, a movie I've seen, books I've read, blog posts from around the blogosphere - anything at all!


  • On Monday I posted my first ever product review! It was really exciting to be contacted by a company and asked to review something, especially considering that something was a gorgeous canvas with a picture of my nephews. Be sure to check out my 5-star review, plus  find out how to get 35% off your purchase at CanvasPop before April 30th, AND enter to win a free 16x20 canvas of your own.
  • As of Tuesday, I'm into single digit weeks for my Europe trip - 9 WEEKS, 9 WEEKS, 9 WEEKS (2 months as of yesterday, the 16th)! I can't believe how fast the time is going. I should be getting all my travel documents in the next 6 weeks or so, which I know will make it seem really real.
  • We had beautiful spring weather this week. On Tuesday, my mum, sister-in-law, niece, and I went down by the bay. The last time we went, there was still a ton of snow and the bay was frozen (here's a picture of me from that day, with the snowbanks half as tall as I am and the frozen bay). We played at the park for a bit, had a picnic lunch, and walked around. We saw a mama swan sitting on her nest, which was pretty cool. I can't wait to see her out with the babies in another few weeks. 


~Fantastic Celebrities~
  • I watched the MTV Movie Awards this week. I feel so out of the loop because I haven't seen a single one of those movies, even though there are a lot I want to see. I was super happy to see Robert Downey Jr. win the Generation Award. I've loved him since I was a teenager, and I get all giggly and fangirly whenever I see him. Plus his speech...brilliant. "Dream big, work hard, keep your nose clean, be of service, and yes, because you can, define your generation." Love him!
  • Speaking of Robert Downey Jr., I loved seeing the Avengers at the awards with Robert, and then on Jimmy Kimmel. I missed it when it was on, but luckily The Mary Sue posted highlight videos. They look like they have so much fun together and really love each other. 
  • I loved Pink's response to haters about her weight gain. What is wrong with people, seriously? She looks fantastic and healthy and happy. Does it really matter if she's gained a bit of weight? Similarly, I love how Amy Shumer (who I'd never heard of until the MTV Movie Awards, and who I thought did a meh job of hosting, but looked great) shut down some misogynistic asshat about her size and how she wouldn't be believable as a leading lady in a romantic comedy. Um, really? Because she's a size 6 (!) and I'm...well, a whole lot of sizes bigger than that, and I want to see curvy girls on the big screen. I want to see a man go wild over a beautiful girl with curves, because we rarely see that on TV or in movies. That's a big part of the reason the Bridget Jones movies are among my favourites - I want to believe a man as smart and charming and good-looking as Mark Darcy could fall in love with me - curves, insecurities, flaws, and all. 

That's what I found fantastic this week. What did you find fantastic? Feel free to link me to blog posts, articles, pictures, songs, videos, or whatever you thought was fantastic that you want to share!

2 comments:

  1. I love posts like this. Love the peek into your life. 9 WEEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a great week from the sounds of it. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...