Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Review: Into My Arms by Lia Riley

Into My Arms by Lia Riley 
Series: Off the Map #3.2
Published: September 8th, 2015
Publisher: Forever Yours
93 pages (eARC)
Genre: Contemporary New Adult
Acquired this book: Via NetGalley in exchange for honest consideration
Warning: May contain spoilers
{GoodReads || Buy this book: Amazon || Chapters/Indigo}


{My review of Upside Down || My review of Sideswiped || My review of Inside Out || My review of Carry Me Home}

Beth Jacobs spends her days slogging away in a corporate “fish bowl,” as the hard-working assistant for one of North America’s youngest dot-com billionaires. Aleksander “Z” Zavtra is the definition of dark and dangerous with a sexy Eastern European snarl. He’s also ruthless. Curt. Exacting. An infuriating man she loves to hate. While Beth hardly sees him, it’s as if he’s always watching her . . .

Z doesn’t do romance. But he never expected to be captivated by a whip-smart, fiery assistant who just so happens to share an uncanny resemblance to the beautiful face that haunts his dreams. He craves Beth. He wants to stroke her skin, to feel her heat beneath him. And what Z wants, he gets. And for one weekend, the lines between employer and employee are blurred as Z and Beth give themselves completely to the dark pleasures they’ve both been dreaming about.

                        
Since Into My Arms is a novella and it’s hard to say much without getting into spoiler territory, I’ll give you 3 reasons why you should read it.

1. Bran! If you’ve read Upside Down, Sideswiped, and Inside Out, you’ll know (and probably love) Brandon Lockhart. He makes an appearance in Into My Arms and even though it’s short, I totally squeed at getting to see him again.

2. The sexiness. Ohhh the sexiness. Like with the other books in the Off the Map series, Into My Arms will leave you needing a cold shower.

3. Well-developed characters. Despite being a novella, the characters were well fleshed out. We learned quite a bit about them, their histories, and their motivations. I was curious about Z and what made him so callous and reclusive, and his story was both surprising and original.

Overall, Into My Arms was a great addition to the Off the Map series. I’m so sad to say goodbye to all these characters, but they’ll stick with me for a long time. If you haven’t read the other books in the Off the Map series, I can’t recommend them highly enough. 



Have you read any of the books in the Off the Map series? What did you think? If you haven't read them, do you plan to? Let's talk here or on Twitter!
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this series yet, but I want to so bad! I won the first book in a giveaway and it's VERY high on my list of books I must read by the end of the year. Just need to get caught up on review books and it's going to be coming up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...