Happy March, friends! Can you believe we're already two whole months into 2016?? February is kind of a blur for me. The weather was so blah - a lot of snow, freezing rain, and dreary days - and I lost my motivation to do just about everything. I did manage to get quite a bit read, and I blogged regularly except for last week when I kind of dropped the ball, but I have most of March already planned out, so yay! A few highlights from Febraury: days spent with my nephews and niece, discovering Happy Hello Co magnetic bookmark buddies, continuing to expand my creativity with book photography for Instagram., and discovering David's Tea!
~ On the Blog ~
- Jessica and I did our second Thoughts and Daydreams post. This month's topic was Reading and Blogging Slumps, and I talked about reasons they happen and what you can do to pull yourself out of slumps.
- I did a couple more Monday Musts posts (#2 here, #3 here), hosted by Lovin' Los Libros. These are a lot of fun, and I plan to continue doing them through March when I can.
- The monthly topic for the 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge was romance for newbies, so I shared 14 contemporary romance books I'd recommend to newbies of the genre.
- I helped my friend Lilly Avalon celebrate the release of her latest contemporary New Adult book Can't Stay Away with a spotlight, interview, and giveaway.
~ Reviews ~
- The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie - 5 stars
- The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin - 4 stars
- Chasing Spring by RS Grey - 3 stars
- Jewel of the Thames by Angela Misri - 4 stars
- Midnighter by Steve Orlando (my first ever comic book review!) - 4 stars
~ Books Read in February ~
A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
In Real Life by Jessica Love
Midnighter by Steve Orlando
The Trouble With Werewolves by MB Mulhall
Into the Dim by Janet B Taylor
The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E Smith
Pearl by Deirdre Riordan Hall
Out of Frame by Megan Erickson
~ Favourites: A Study in Charlotte, Into the Dim, and Out of Frame ~
~ Winter Bookish Bingo wrap-up ~
I had so much fun doing Pretty Deadly Review's holiday season of Bookish Bingo, and I managed to get 3 Bingos! I'm participating again in the spring season, and you can too.
How was your February? Any highlights? What was the best book you read? Do you have a favourite blog post (feel free to link me to it in the comments so I can check it out)?