Wednesday, January 4, 2017

My 10 Favourite LGBTQ+ Books of 2016


I read 15 LGBTQ+ books in 2016, and out of those I had 10 definite favourites. It was exciting to see so many new releases featuring queer characters last year, with even more releasing this year. Most of my reading fell within the L, G, and B, so this year I'd like to branch out and try to cover more of the spectrum. If you have any recommendations, particularly with ace, trans, pan, or intersex characters, I'd love to hear them! Feel free to leave a comment or tweet me.

Here are my 10 favourite LGBTQ+ books of 2016, in no particular order:

  • The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie
  • Out of Frame and Overexposed by Megan Erickson
  • If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
  • As I Descended by Robin Talley
  • You Know Me Well by Nina LaCour and David Levithan
  • Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit by Jaye Robin Brown
  • Out on Good Behavior by Dahlia Adler
  • Midnighter by Steve Orlando


Did you read any LGBTQ+ books in 2016? Do you have any favourites? Have you read any of the books on my list?
Be sure to check out my Favourite Young Adult Books of 2016, and stay tuned on Friday for my favourite New Adult and Adult books!
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I read any LGBT books last year. I read a lot of novellas, but no LGBT character pop out to me. =(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...