Friday, January 27, 2017

Review: Worth the Wait by AJ Pine


Worth the Wait by AJ Pine
Series: Kingston Ale House #4
Published: January 16th, 2017
Publisher: Entangled
240 pages (ebook)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Acquired this book: Bought
Warning: May contain spoilers
{GoodReads || Buy this book: Amazon || Kobo}


I like to think of myself as a man of pleasure…

I enjoy a good pint of ale, being in the arms of a beautiful woman, and living by my own rules. The only thing I try to avoid? Commitment. And I’ve got a three-year success rate to prove it.

I wasn’t planning on Grace—the beautiful, funny, totally off-limits massage therapist who keeps popping up in my life. She’s on a six-month mission to rid her life of toxins. No alcohol. No red meat. And, yeah, no men. I’m talking full-on man cleanse.

I know I should walk away, but I can’t…and the only way to keep her in my life is to live by her rules. I’ll need to prove to a woman who’s lost all trust in men that I’m worthy of her love. And do it all without so much as a single kiss.

The only problem? If I win, I’ll lose the one thing I swore I’d never give up. My heart.


AJ Pine’s Kingston Ale House series quickly became a favourite of mine. Starting with Brynn and Jamie’s story in The One That Got Away, then Holly and Will’s story in Six Month Rule, then Annie and Wes in Three Simple Words, and finally Grace and Jeremy in Worth the Wait, I loved each new book more than the last.

We got to see Jeremy throughout the series, so I was excited to finally read HIS book. After having his heart broken by his former girlfriend, Jeremy is resistant to commitment or letting anyone get close. He’s always been the sort of guy who goes with the flow and accepts whatever falls into his lap. He’s okay just getting by, doing what needs to be done, but not really striving for more. Enter Grace - strong, driven, independent. Having been deeply hurt by her ex, she decides she needs to make some big changes in her life. She goes on a six-month cleanse, which includes no men. She needs to figure out how to separate physical connection from emotional connection, and hopes once the cleanse is over she’ll have everything figured out. She wasn’t expecting Jeremy to enter her life, or to have an instant connection with him.

Worth the Wait had so many of the elements I love in romance. I enjoyed the themes of trust and commitment, learning from mistakes, and learning to move forward after being hurt. I loved watching Grace and Jeremy form a friendship that slowly turned into something more. Considering Grace was on a ‘man cleanse’ I didn’t expect there to be much in the way of sexytimes but OH BOY let me tell you: this book is sexy. I’m talking need a cold shower sexy. There’s a lot more to it than that, though; Grace and Jeremy form a real bond, and they grow a lot over the course of the story, both personally and as a couple.

One of the things I love most about Pine’s books is her ability to write fantastic ensemble casts. I fell in love with her characters in the If Only series, and fell just as hard for the Kingston Ale House gang. I can imagine being part of this group, hanging out at the Ale House, and being part of this mismatched group of family-like friends. I’ll miss these characters and think of them often, the way I still do with the If Only characters. While each of the books in the Kingston Ale House series can technically be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the whole series - in order - so you get the full effect of the relationships between the characters. I got excited every time familiar characters showed up, and I'm not even going to lie, I cried like a baby at the end of Worth the Wait seeing everyone get such beautiful happily ever afters.   

Fun, romantic, and sexy, Worth the Wait is the perfect end to one of my favourite series. Grace and Jeremy are relatable characters who are easy to fall for separately, and make you want to root for them as a couple. Pair that with great side characters, plenty of giggles, and an engaging plot - oh and the SUPER HOT SEXYTIMES - and Worth the Wait is definitely a book that should be on your TBR.



Have you read Worth the Wait or any of the other Kingston Ale House books? What did you think? If you haven't read them, do you plan to? What are some of your favourite books with great ensemble casts?
http://sweetmarie-83.blogspot.ca/p/about-me.html
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4690637

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Ramblings of a Daydreamer! I love hearing what you have to say, and I appreciate every single comment. I hope to see you here again soon! ♥
~Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...